Friday, August 17, 2012

Serene Scene or Serena Seen

The hair!
Julian and I have been playing tennis lately. It's been a blast. Neither of us are particularly talented BUT we're getting better every time we play...the way things should work. Wendy accompanied us to Queen's Square the other day and watched us play. You could tell that she wanted to play, even though she didn't have proper tennis shoes (and matching skirt) with her. No matter.

Wendy took to the court at the end of my match with Julian. Julian and I were both suitably impressed with Wendy's cross court smashes and general shot making. Toward the end of Julian and Wendy's rallies, Julian said to me 'who knew my mother was Serena Williams?'.

Stay tuned. Wendy is keen to play more.

P.S. The best thing about Wendy's tennis game...she didn't scream like so many other professional female tennis players. That's right, Sharapova, I'm talkin' about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment