Thursday, September 13, 2012

Maison encore, maison encore

(not my) artwork in the sandstone
 Dune du Sud, Iles de la Madeleine
Home again, home again. I just returned from my annual windsurfing pilgrimage to les Iles de la Madeleine. It was spectacular! I windsurfed, surfed  and stand-up paddled in eleven different locations on Havre-Aubert, Cap Aux Meules, Havre Aux Maisons, Iles Pointe Aux Loups, Grosse Ile and Grande Entrée.

I used every sail that I own (3.5, 4.2, 4.7, 5.2, 5.9 and 6.9). I spent very little time in the lagoon which was a pleasant change. I experienced very challenging surf and winds up to almost 70 km/h...and I survived. I used my 77 litre board as much as my 106 litre board. I managed four bottom turns on a single wave at Plage Portage du Cap on my last day...a triumphant finish!

Gawd it was a great 18 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment