Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Strange Day - Bay of Fundy Version

Crazy Dave Stares Down The Beast (the beast wins!)
With a forecast of 40-80 km/h you'd think that I would have been flying across the waves. Guess again. Not enough wind to plane on a 106 litre board and a 5.2 sail. But wait....a second attempt sees me get away from the beach and plane ever so slightly, then back into shore. Again I try to head out but this time there's not enough wind to even get started and break through the relentlessly incoming waves.

I grab my windsurfer and walk back across the beach to my car. I give up. It simply isn't worth the effort.

Minutes after de-rigging, the wind gets up. Now it's so windy that crazy Dave Cuthbertson can't even get through the incoming waves, some of which are about 6 feet high and breaking 50 feet from shore. Plenty of wind but the waves are incapacitating. Dave gives up. Rick Lawrence gives up. Doug Justason gives up. Leonard Dow gives up.

Bay of Fundy: 1    
Windsurfers: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment