Sunday, October 7, 2012

Embarrassing Baguette Moments


Well hello there...
 Yesterday I bought a baguette at the Kingston market. It was a generous foot long with half of it nestled in a brown paper bag. The other half was protruding out into the open air.

As I was wandering around the market, outside, I became aware that holding the baguette by my side was rather phallic. I became very self conscious so I held it in front of myself. Though that took away the 'weenie profile', it really wasn't much better as it looked like I was fondling my private parts.

Ultimately I ended up walking around clutching the baguette to my chest so as to eliminate any 'below the belt' associations.

At one point I asked Julian to hold the baguette while I went to buy some salmon. Interestingly enough, he, too, quickly became uncomfortable holding the baguette. We shared a great chuckle over the entire ordeal.

I wonder if it would have been the same had it been a pumpernickel baguette. The rum cake lady would have loved us!

No comments:

Post a Comment