Friday, February 13, 2015

So Bye-Bye Mr.Canadian Pie

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how that blog used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver
With every blog I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride
But something touched me deep inside
The day the blog died.


Today is that day. I've driven to the levee (in The Dumbo) and you know what I found? It was dry. It's time to move on.

The. Blog. Is. Dead. (Le. Blog. Est. Mort., for my French viewers)

Here's a few interesting stats about the blog:

- it was started on May 22, 2012

- in 2012 I posted 93 blogs

- in 2013 I posted 289 blogs

- in 2014 I posted 365 blogs

- in 2015 I posted 44 blogs

- I used 960 images or illustrations in the blog.

- my most viewed blog was 'Tales From White-Tails' (May 26, 2014) which got 328 views. This stat is a bit depressing because this particular blog didn't really say much other than 'white-tailed deer are called white-tailed deer because they have white tails'. This scintillating text was accompanied by an attractive photo.

- I've had 25 849 page views since the blog started. 14 202 of those views came from Canada. 5268 from the United States. 1116 from Germany. 1093 from Russia. 591 France. 441 Ukraine. 319 Malaysia. 264 Poland. 219 Latvia. 203 Turkey. My spider-senses kind of make me feel that a few people stumbled onto the blog while tripping on the web.

- 30% of my viewers used Firefox as their browser. Safari 24%. Chrome 23%. Internet Explorer 17%.

- 51% of my viewers use Windows as their operating system. 26% Macintosh. 6% Linux. 6% iPad. 4% iPhone. 3% Android.

The most astounding stat that I saw was that someone from Afghanistan looked at my blog last week. Actually that's the second most astounding thing about this blog. The first most astounding thing is......drum roll, please........that you read it! Thank you, and bye-bye.

Ian V.
Friday the 13th, February, 2015







7 comments:

  1. Wait, what? c'mon, it's not really dead, right? that's one of your media hoaxes, right? hello? hello?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we have to buy a tv, our nightly entertainment has come to screeching halt! (The goods news, the original lyrics and notes to this song can be had at auction in April if you have a couple mil kicking about). Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAaaaaaaawwWWWWWWWww. C'mooooooooooooon! Really??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss a few days and what happens? Perhaps there will be a new version sometime in the future—always hope. Oh well, more time to practice, right?

    ReplyDelete