Sunday, October 13, 2013

Northern Lights....On!

I wish that I could claim to have taken this picture for two reasons:

1) I like it

2) I wish I had seen the lights myself.

Dave Cuthbertson, a noted photographer from the Grand Lake area, was the one who made this image. Lucky.

The image was created from the Waterborough wharf on the edge of the grandest of the grand lakes found in New Brunswick. The red dot on the far left of the mid-ground, among the trees, is the lighthouse at Fanjoy's Point.

I find it interesting that this image was taken in early October. I tend to think of the Aurora borealis as being a cold winter phenomenon. I am wrong, clearly. I have only seen the northern lights in Cambridge-Narrows once or twice...in the depths of winter. Sadly I can't see them from my south facing, valley-bound home. Alas, one can't have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment