Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rose's Fan Club...I've Finally Joined!

There was a time in the Dark Ages when people worshiped false idols. Of course I'm referring to the late 1980s and the inexplicable appearance of the Rose Arsenault Fan Club.

Why anyone would create a fan club for a weather forecaster is beyond me, especially since they all spread lies (how about that overnight low of plus one that you forecast, petal brain? Remember? It went to minus eight and resulted in three hundred deaths...albeit of tomato plants). And let's not talk about wind forecasting.

Curious that no one has created a Peter Coade Fan Club. There must be enough lonely, horny, pathetic elders out there to get some sort of Peter Coade Posse going! Hello? Anybody out there??

Note: only Cindy Day replied. Coade blue.

We now preempt our regularly scheduled broadcast to bring you a special report...Rose: A Thorny Love...

I've entered my rose phase lately. In the past year I've planted a number of roses and I've encouraged the wild ones to flourish. I'm going to plant even more. Oddly enough, it never occurred to me that they'd be beautiful in the autumn, but they are. It's always nice to find a plant that spans the seasons, and rose may be my gal (figuratively speaking, not that I'm speaking of figures). Go figure.

I leave you with this rosy quote:

But he that dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose.
Anne Bronte (CBC News watcher)


No comments:

Post a Comment