Monday, January 28, 2013

Roll Over, Beethoven

If I say the words 'jam session' you're likely to think of two things:

1) a group of rock musicians getting together with their guitars, basses, amps, drums, beer and cocaine.

2) a group of old ladies mashing raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pectin, sipping tea, eating shortbread and snorting cocaine.

Well, lo and behold, there's also a jam session for classical musicians. I can just imagine what it would be like: violins, cellos, trumpets, bassoons, piccolos, French horns, coffee, coffee, coffee and cocaine (for the audience, mind you).

I've suggested to Wendy that we attend one of these sessions on Sunday, her day off, and to my amazement my suggestion was met with lukewarm enthusiasm. I think she's a rocker at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment