Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Craigslist Meltdown

I have a confession to make....

I'm a Kijiji ho. I'm forever trolling Kijiji in hope of finding the perfect guitar, windsurfing-mobile, piece of furniture, etc. When Kijiji fails me, I turn to Craigslist.

Craigslist is to Kijiji as the typewriter is to the computer. It's older, less flashy, not so many bells and whistles, eminently swear-worthy, but it still delivers the goods.

Over the centuries I've found some pretty hilarious typos in Kijiji and Craigslist, but these on-line classified ads are simply following in the footsteps of the great Daily Gleaner. The Daily Gleaner, Fredericton's official newspaper for almost 6000 years, has played host to some of the greatest doozies of all time. My favourite: 6, 8 and 10 foot lengths of eavesdropping for sale.

I kid you not. I saw this ad in the Daily Gleaner about ten years ago, and like a bad case of tinnitus, I just can't seem to get it out of my head. Kijiji and Craigslist give the Daily Gleaner a run for her money, at times. The most recent contender, found on Craigslist, was this: autistic guitar for sale.

I saw it on Craigslist Toronto about two weeks ago. I went back to Craigslist this morning to find the ad but it was gone. Either someone corrected the mistake or the guitar was sold. I suspect the guitar was sold either to an acoustic guitar player or an eclectic guitar collector.


No comments:

Post a Comment