Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Exercise: The Tables Have Turned

There was a time when I was the athlete in the family. That was then. The new reality is that Julian goes for a fast run every couple of nights (sub 7-minute miles!). He eats well and he does push-ups before bed.

Wendy has now added some jogging to her morning walks. She does yoga occasionally.

Me? I'm a wreck....almost. My back is keeping me from having most forms of fun. I can't run. I can't bike. I can't even sit down for any length of time. I can barely windsurf at the moment. Gardening has been curtailed. All I can do is lay on the sofa which is great for blogging. And whining. And noticing spider webs on the ceiling.

What to do? What to do? Today I'm going to see a physiotherapist. We'll see if that helps.

Until I recover I'll exercise vicariously through my family, and keep an eye on my expanding paunch. I should mention that I can still do push-ups. Last evening I did 50 continuous push-ups, though my arms never actually reached the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment