Saturday, July 13, 2013

Local Turtle Spotted...I Mean Painted

I'm clutching at straws this morning. I suppose I get that from Me Mootha, though she more often is chomping on straws.

When one clutches at straws, they make a desperate attempt to hold onto something that barely exists. This morning, I didn't have an image for the blog, so I started looking through older images.

My turtle image was taken about three weeks ago and didn't make the blog cut at the time. This morning it's all I had.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a turtle on our property before, or in our lake for that matter. I'm pretty sure it's a first. I'm happy to see them though I don't really want them nipping at me while I'm swimming. If I'm attacked while swimming, I want it to be some more regal than an animal that gets a nutty chocolate cluster named after it. Mmmmmm....I love Tu.......blah, blah, blah. Been there, done that.

No, I want to be attacked by a blood thirsty, man-eating muskellunge. Well, not really. This is why I never swim in Big Cove. I heard that someone caught one there.

No comments:

Post a Comment