Wednesday, April 3, 2013

No Escaping...The Rhino

You may have noticed a bit of a rhino theme as of late. I'll confess that I have been actively pursuing all-things-rhino. Why? Why not??

Yesterday the rhino found me. I was in the neighbourhood of College and Spadina searching for an ink cartridge for Professor Nielsen's Canon inkjet printer. I managed to find one just west of Spadina. There seems to be a glut of computer stores there, no doubt catering to the university population.

As I was walking homeward, east on College Street, I glanced backwards for no apparent reason other than the fact that my head is typically on a swivel most of the time. Think 'wise old owl' without the wise part. I'm more of a curious middle-aged turkey. Looking back I saw a monstrous mural. Of course it was a giant blue rhino painting on a brick wall between Chinatown and the University of Toronto...the rhino's natural habitat. What could be more natural?

But seriously....

Why there's a rhino mural in that location is beyond me. I'd love to know how and why it happened, but I'll probably never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment