Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Heroic Toes

A few years ago a good friend of ours, let's call him Homme
Libre to protect his identity, told a story about a student giving him the most wonderful foot massage. I don't tend to remember things like this, except that the foot fondler described Homme Libre's toes as 'heroic'.

Heroic toes. Now that's a memorable descriptor.

During our Sunday walk, Wendy and I stumbled past a podiatrist's office. Outside of the office was a small billboard (see image). Seeing those heroic toes resting upon a field of daffodils was almost too much for us. It reminded us of you-know-who.

Sadly, you-know-who's field of daffodils is probably still buried under two to three feet of snow. I know for a fact that this will make him miserable since he is not a fan of winter, but I feel no sorrow for him as he just spent two months in the sun. During those same two months, Wendy and I suffered through winter in Iqaluit. Oops, I meant to say Toronto.

I think Toronto will see daffodils before anywhere in New Brunswick will. The snow is 99% gone here, and little green shoots are sprouting up in gardens. Ironically, or moronically, I'm about to go back in time, seasonally speaking. My meek toes return to New Brunswick tomorrow. It's going to be a shock to the system, but I'm ready for some shock therapy.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to say I have snowdrops and crocus at the front (between the house and a huge but shrinking drift).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some crocus (croci??) today in Toronto. The first of the season here!

    ReplyDelete