Friday, April 11, 2014

The Homecoming

I've been gone almost three months and this is what I found upon my return. Not bad. I was expecting worse, given the outrageous amount of snow New Brunswick received this winter (10 feet). In contrast to today's image of my place, my dad's property looks as though a glacier had formed. I half expect snow to be there in August. My place was far less snowy. Infinitely less snow. Parts of my lawn, particularly under the mighty pines, are bare.

The lake is still frozen solidly, though there is a small patch of open water under the bridge. It's going to take a long time before it feels like spring here. I'll be curious to see what sort of a flood we have this year. It could be a big 'un!

1 comment:

  1. Although I have crocus and snowdrops in front of the big windows, the rest of the property is well buried under mountains of snow. I figure it should cut down on the lawn mowing for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete