Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Make Money At Home!

We've all done this before....you check all the pockets of the items you place in the washing machine thoroughly. You set the washing machine on the proper temperature, then you press start. An hour later you return, grab the tangled mess and heave it in the dryer. Again, you press start and return in another hour of so.

When you take the items out of the dryer you have that 'oh shit' moment. You discover that somehow a Kleenex, or money, or some foreign object made it into the wash (and dryer). I even washed my passport once!

In the case of money (i.e. pocket change), we often discover it in the washer before it even gets to the dryer. I've always admired the look of a freshly washed caribou, bluenose or beaver. Last week I washed some clothes and when I was done there was a loony sitting on the rubber lip of the washing machine (see image). I was delighted to find a dollar. If you saw my income tax return this year, then you'd know that a dollar is a big deal to me! I was slightly disappointed that somehow I did not catch this dollar before it went went into the washing machine. I swear, Wendy, I did check the pockets.

A few days later I washed the sheets from my bed and another loony appeared in the washing machine, in the exact same place! Now, I can understand how a loony could go undetected in one of my pant pockets, especially since I own a couple of pairs of cargo pockets (too many g-d pockets), but how could a loony appear from bed sheets? I'm baffled.

I'm going to conduct an experiment today by washing all of my underwear....both pairs! If a loony appears then I'm going to freak. For all I know, I may just be the owner of the mythic Maytag that lays the golden loony! If this is the case, then I would ask my readership of two and a half not to mention this blog to Revenue Canada. I can't afford to have them know that I'm laundering money successfully. To entice you not to 'rat me out', I'll let you come to my place and wash my laundry for me. Of course, in return you'll get to keep the loony. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment