Saturday, May 3, 2014

Where's Waldo (Hint: Waldo is A Mallard Duck)?

Yesterday was an odd day for wildlife. It started with a goose on my lawn and ended with a pair of mallard ducks waddling from the lake shore right up to the middle of my property (by the big maple). I don't often see mallard ducks on this lake and I've never had them on my property. Undoubtedly they were looking for a place to build a nest. Undoubtedly they couldn't afford a condo in Toronto or Vancouver.

How bizarre to have two avian firsts in one day. What will today bring?

That's the beauty of living here...you just never know what you're going to see. At 'closing time' last evening, as the day's light took its final curtain call, a beaver swam past the front of my property and then crossed the lake into the dark shadows of the far shore. I really should have my own wildlife show!

Mutual Of Oromocto's Wild Kingdom?

It could work.



Scrap that idea....BEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment