Friday, November 1, 2013

A 'Sticky' Situation


The DMZ. The Berlin Wall. The Gaza Strip. No Man's Land. WalMart.

They all have one thing in common...they separate so-called enemies, except WalMart where people of all denominations, race, political outlook, and sexual persuasion come together to eat Big Macs and shop. As an aside, never have I been shopping in Holt Renfrew and thought to myself 'I could go for a Big Mac and fries'. As a further aside, never have I been shopping at Holt Renfrew.

Priscilla, my odd neighbour, hates me. I don't take it personally because I think she hates everyone, or if she doesn't, she will eventually. To quote a rather sage companion of mine "she doesn't play well with others". That pretty much sums it up.

Yesterday, a little Halloween hi-jinx. Priscilla dressed up as a hunter and went looking for wabbits...or Wartys. She didn't find any because this wabbit was down the wabbit hole (with video camera). I noted that Priscilla began by throwing sticks from her property over the fence into my yard. Those sticks are now in my forensics lab, being analyzed for proprietorial origin. Not satisfied with tossing branches, like grenades, over the wall, Priscilla moved to the front of the property and continued to toss handfuls of 'organics' over onto my property.

In the world of 'trick or treat', it looks as though I was treated to a trick. I wonder if she gave out many poison apples to the kiddies, or if she just plopped them directly into the cauldron??

No comments:

Post a Comment