Friday, June 21, 2013

Iris Carrington Was A Bitch

I'm not afraid to admit that when I was an adolescent (the idiotic transitional period taking me from being an idiot boy to an idiot man), I used to watch the soap operas with Mom. We watched two soaps: Another World and General Hospital.

Another World had a memorable cast of characters. Iris Carrington, spoiled daughter of rich publisher Mac Cory, was a conniving bitch. Mom and I used to love to hate her. Iris may have been the reason that Mom subsequently became fascinated by money, and all that it could do.

The only iris in my life, blindly speaking, are the ones that I find in my garden. They're currently in full bloom and looking almost orchid-like. Ah, my little orchid. So there have been three soaps in my life!

Thankfully I've managed to wash myself clean of all soap residue (and television) so I spend my free time muck-raking in my garden, not somebody else's. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment