Monday, March 10, 2014

Balcony Fluff

Yesterday Wendy and I walked to our nearest Home Depot store, 3.6 kilometres away from our condo, and we purchased two patio chairs and a table. Since we haven't got a patio, we put them on our deck which is actually a balcony.

The chairs are made by the Martha Stewart company for Home Depot. I wouldn't normally support Martha Stewart but I felt a little charity was in order as she tries to rebuild her life after jail time. Also, it occurred to me that she probably learned how to weave wicker while doing hard labour in the prison shop, so I'm hopeful she honed her skills there and then passed on her knowledge to the people of China.

To Martha's credit, the assembly of the chairs was well illustrated in the instructions, the tools supplied were of excellent quality, and all of the parts were clearly labeled. I'd give her ten out of ten for this....a rare honour bestowed upon few.

I think Wendy and I are officially done shopping for the condo. There is nothing left to buy, and nowhere to put it even if we did. My work is done...I can die now.

Umm, not quite yet, big boy. The bathroom needs cleaning.

Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Snow? New Brunswick has it all...nothing left for us lowly Upper Canadians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's snowmachine 7th heaven out home. We're busy gettin out are wood with the Yamaha Longtrack. Neighbours are on snowshoes tapping in sap cans. Ravens are getting frisky and all is well with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the frackers are getting ready to frack??

    ReplyDelete