Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Toronto Is Amazing...There's Something For Everyone!

For all that Toronto isn't, perhaps I should talk about what Toronto is. I don't want to leave a false impression on my readership that Toronto is a miserable place full of spit, Gucci shoes and animal excrement. It is a place where I can explore, discover and enlighten. Within walking distance of my condo, I can find or do the following:

- eat Ethiopian food
- walk tethered around the outside of the CN Tower (http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca/)
- take lessons in mixed martial arts
- buy $500 shoes
- buy $5 shoes
- see bears without going to the forest or zoo
- choose between (at least) one hundred sushi restaurants
- shop at six Winners stores
- dine on chicken shawarmas that are delicious, filling and only $5.75.
- see tranny hookers
- buy a bust of Elvis ($25)
- buy a painting from a gallery ($50 000)
- see Bentleys, Aston Martins, Rolls Royces and even the odd Ford Focus wagon
- visit a Ferrari and Maserati dealership
- the opportunity to see Ben Mulroney live and in person, not just on the idiot box
- view original Group Of Seven paintings
- spend my afternoon in a 16 000 square foot greenhouse amid tropical plants...for free (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Gardens)
- get my haircut for anything between $6 and $300
- watch the Blue Jays, Raptors or Leafs (albeit watch them lose)
- ride a subway
- buy plastic Rhino cartoon figures
- see Yogi Bare (http://andrzej-kardys.squarespace.com/about/)
- eat at (seemingly) a thousand Subways
- take ukulele and finger-style guitar lessons
- see Johnny Marr live
- see amazing bands live
- buy a Johnny Marr Jaguar guitar
- watch world class opera
- visit an aquarium
- study just about anything imaginable.

All of these things, some tantalizing, some curious, are all within walking distance of where I live. In most cases you just need shoes, and perhaps a bit of money.

Isn't there one other thing you can do in Toronto that you're forgetting, Ian?

One other thing? One other thing?? There are eight thousand, three hundred and seventy-two other things to experience in Toronto.

No, I mean the one other thing you were considering trying?

Do you mean the RUUUUUrhrGUGUGHRhghghghrRURURUghGHrrrrrr?

Yup, that's it!

I'm not sure it's a good way to end the blog.

You have to show them the picture! Do it!! Now!!!

Alright, alright. To prove that Toronto has something for everyone (especially nerds), I give you this poster that I saw last week.....


No comments:

Post a Comment