Monday, March 24, 2014

The Toronto I Worship

I consider myself a morning person because that's when I'm most awake, energetic and lucid. As the day wear on, I fade. In the evening I'm as good as useless (just ask Wendy).

My Toronto view is the exact opposite. In the morning when I wake up the city is side/back-lit in a glaring, steely kind of light. Everything looks glazed but not in a good way. As the sun passes it's midday zenith it exposes a Toronto that is brown and grey....like a winter mouse.

After supper, in the evening, the Toronto landscape starts to shine. As the sun goes down and the lights come on, it transforms itself into a deep blue sapphire with accents of diamond, ruby, emerald, gold, and silver, sprinkled with cubic zirconia to keep it real. The street lights glow like the embers of a camp fire and the millions of motionless bricks reflect their warmth and glory.

Ah, glorious Toronto. Let us pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment