Friday, August 15, 2014

Dream Machines

There was a time when I thought I wanted a good sized sailboat (i.e. 42 feet), but then I realized two things:

1) I couldn't afford one,

2) The bigger the toy, the more work/expense/hassle involved.

I finally settled on a windsurfer which was both affordable and exhilarating. This is how I currently get my sailing thrills.I also enjoy 'power-boating\, but like my sailing situation, I've decided that affordability trumps size and/or luxury. Let's take a look at what you can get for differing amounts of money....





















Without a shred of a lie, I believe that Wendy and I have as much fun with our diminutive Explorer 200 as any of the fat cat/mucky-mucks get on their luxury yachts or offshore inflatables. I like the idea of keeping life simple and being happy with the basics*.

*this philosophy applies to yachts, not women.

No comments:

Post a Comment