Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Big Boy and The Big Show

There was a time when my Mom struggled to remember my time, so she simply referred to me as 'the big boy'. Although I liked my nickname, it never seemed quite right since Julian was bigger than me and he was 'the boy'.

At some point in Julian's life, and it was most certainly in high school, he surpassed me in weight. At one point in university he weighed 240 pounds and stood 6'2" tall. His diminutive female cousins nicknamed him 'the Big Show' after a 7' tall, 500 pound wrestler. This in itself was ironic because their father was closer in resemblance to the Big Show than Julian, but no matter.

For a number of years now I've been living in the shadow of Julian (aka the Big Show). The other day a friend commented that Julian was looking quite slim, and this got me thinking...how much does he weigh? Yesterday I challenged Julian to a 'match' on the bathroom scales.

Oh. My. God.

My suspicions were rewarded. Julian weighed in at 190 lbs and I weighed in at 193 lbs. You know what this means....

I'm the big boy! I'm the Big Show!!

Ian, you're only heavier than Julian because of 'the gut'.

I don't care. If that's what it takes to be the big boy, then count me in!

If Julian had a gut, then he'd be heavier than you.

True, but Julian doesn't have a gut. He's more of a Nielsen than a Varty in this department. Just look at his Nielsen uncles and cousins....they're all built like Greek Gods!

The Varty children look and act like a Greek God too! Silenus, that is.

To learn more about the only Varty-like Greek God, Silenus, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment