Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Alter Egos 2014

I really should have used this image for my December 31, 2013 blog post, thus burying it with the year that just passed. Instead, I'm starting the year on the wrong note, not that Julian or Elton often play one.

So....why am I featuring an image of Julian pretending to look like Elton John? Well, it's because Julian is convinced that he looks like Elton John. It's a belief so outrageous that Wendy and I are now making comments like 'oh, I see Julian is giving a concert at Wembley Stadium' when we see an article about Sir Elton. When the phone rings we say 'Julian, Bernie Taupin on line 1 for you'.

Perhaps I'm starting 2014 off with a mighty guffaw! Yes, that's how I see it. Starting 2014 with a smile. The thought of Julian, 21, looking like Elton John at 66...pure comedy. Elton looks like a puffy, custard stuffed old loaf of sourdough bread.

People say that Julian looks like his mother. Following this acceptable observation, combined with Julian's less-than-accurate-yet-still-hilarious-self-assessment means that I'm crawling into bed every evening with a woman who looks like Elton John.

Ludicrous...everyone knows Wendy looks like Slash.





And why stop there? If Julian  looks like Elton John, then I look like Telly Savalas, and we all know that's an outrageous statement. It is outrageous, right? No, seriously...I don't look like Telly, do I? Do I!

Shit. I do.


So...HAPPY 2014...from Aristotelis Savalas, Saul Hudson and Reginald Dwight.




No comments:

Post a Comment