Thursday, January 30, 2014

For Whom The Bell Tolls (PG Rated)

Every time a bell rings, a senior gets his wish!

Merry Christmas, Sewell!

For those of you who have no idea to what I'm referring, let me just say that there's an older chap in my Mom's nursing home who has a very healthy libido. It lives in his mind and not in his trousers, thankfully. Occasionally this old bulldog will ask a nurse if he can "touch her bottom". That's a lot to ask of a health care professional, if you know what I mean!

When I saw this bell in a games store window display yesterday, I immediately thought of its many uses for those with limited mobility, but grandiose plans. Many seniors reach out to God in their last years. Some, in more primal gestures, just reach out for something onto which they can get their hands. Some things, it would seem, are more important (or bigger) than God.

At this point, I'll just shut up before I incriminate myself somehow.

You wouldn't want to make an ass of yourself, would you, Ian?

Not if the bell is tolling for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment