Saturday, January 24, 2015

Aluminyze

In 2009 (when I was just a boy) I spent a month in New Zealand. Never in my life have my eyes been treated to such an outdoor splendor. It was spectacular.

There was one thing that I saw that was notable, in particular, because it was something of incredible beauty and artistry....and it was indoors! I was staying in the home of a professional photographer by the name of Sally Mason (http://www.sallymason.co.nz/). On Sally's wall was a print of hers...a gorgeous slow shutter zoom of a Marlborough vineyard. What made it truly astounding was that the image was printed on metal instead of paper. That metal, I assume was aluminum. I've never seen anyone doing it since. I've never known where I could get this done with one of my images, until yesterday....

I was flipping through the real estate section of Fredericton's award winning newspaper The Daily Gleaner when I stumbled upon an article about a company that prints images on aluminum. The company is called aluminyze.com. Though I can't endorse them just yet, I do intend to engage their services. I know that I love the finished product. Let's see how their pricing and service stand up to my Scottish standards. I am somewhat concerned because they're located in the United States.

Our dollar is low. My expectations are high, and then there's the black hole of duty and shipping with which to contend. It's the perfect storm of shopping, and I'm about to go fishing. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment