Friday, January 9, 2015

More Insania and Scrabble Babble

What's that jingling in your pocket? It sounds like coins. Hey...have you got some ouguiya in your pants? By the way, have you been to Mauritania lately? Just askin'.

Yesterday I went to war against my father's iPad Scrabble app. I had the letters p - a - n - h - d - l - e. I found a place on the board where an 'an' were located, then put down the word panhandle for an insane amount of points. Then I was blindsided...

REJECTED!

Apparently panhandle is not a word in the Scrabble dictionary even though it appears in everyone else's. "Funk'n Wagnall", I screamed at the iPad. Feeling dejected, I booked a flight to the Florida pan handle so I could pan handle for money.

While my panhandle rejection was still raw and not close to scabbing over, the computer used the word 'ouguiya' against me. It felt like salt in an open wound. I'll warn you Scrabble players out there not to panhandle for points because all you'll get is a handful of ouguiya, which happens to be the official currency of Mauritania, but you knew that, didn't you (Peter T. and Fraser S.)?


No comments:

Post a Comment