Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Streetcar Named Where The Hell Did That Come From?

I've seen Maseratis, Ferraris, Porsches and Ford Focus wagons since being in Toronto but it was this streetcar that really turned my head.

What the...? When did they...? Where can I....?

I was walking down Spadina Avenue yesterday when one of these new streetcars approached me. I was kind of freaked out at first because it was so futuristic looking (at least compared to the ubiquitous TTC red rockets). Moments later I was passed by another one on College Street and I managed to have a better look inside through the windows. Swank!

From a distance the inside looked very comfortable and laid out more like a luxury train. I doubt that'll be the case once I actually get inside, because looks can be deceiving. I'm going to make it my life's work to get on one of these streetcars, and because life can be short I'm going to try to do it today. I'm going to wear Depends just in case because I'm pretty sure I'll be overly excited. This is the best thing that's happened to me, in a light rail sense, since we expanded Julian's Thomas The Tank Engine set.

That was 'some time' ago.

If you desperately want to learn more about Toronto's new streetcars, then follow this link to the TTC's web site: https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Projects/New_Vehicles/New_Streetcars/index.jsp

I read a bit about the new streetcars and I no longer need Depends. Too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment