Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Blues Skies, White Clouds, And What Women See

Everything about the Washademoak Lake and Cambridge-Narrows is horizontal, with the exception of me and the trees (the trees and I...a...n). The lake is wide and narrow. The land is wide and narrow. The bridge is wide and narrow. Every now and again it pays to take a vertical look at the landscape.

It would have been easy to overlook yesterday's clouds had I not craned my ample neck to the heavens. Looking back down there was a gently darkened reflection on the water. How could I not admire the scenery?

Maritimers are famous gawkers. If you're walking down a sidewalk in Toronto (or any city bigger than Halifax) and someone bumps into you, there can be only one of two reasons:

1) texter!

2) a Maritimer looking up at 'all them tall buildings' and not watching where he is walking. I say 'he' because I don't think women tend to gawk at buildings like men, though I could be proven wrong.

So, do women gawk at tall buildings like men? My hunch is to say 'no'. Do women ogle cars and trucks at street level the way men do? I don't think so.

Jeez.....if true, what do women look at then? Is there anyone out there stupid enough to tackle this question? Clearly this is a question addressed to men. Anyone intelligent enough to answer the question correctly? Ladies?


2 comments:

  1. Women gawk at tall men, like buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toronto has an NBA franchise. Should I be worried about you?

      Delete