Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Temporary F______ Workers!

If you look at today's first image you might think 'okay, it's a building, no big deal....unless there's a naked person in one of the building's windows'. Settle down, big boy, there isn't a naked person in any of the windows as far as I know. This is a picture of the building in which Wendy and I used to rent a condo. We now live right across from it and we have a bird's eye view of it. You can see some of the downtown Toronto buildings in the background.

Yesterday I spotted something of interest happening at the building across from us. If you look at the second image you'll see that a window washer was hard at work on the 19th storey. This is my definition of a temporary foreign worker. Temporary, for sure. Foreign? Well, it's a foreign place to be working as far as I'm concerned. Worker? Definitely. Anyone who does this for a living is a worker. I wouldn't trade professions with them anyday (plus they probably couldn't handle trading the vertical lifestyle for the horizontal lifestyle which is synonymous with leisure).

Could you see yourself sitting on a swing-sized platform, dangling 200 feet above ground? Even worse, could you see yourself washing windows for a living? That reminds me, I need to clean the windows of our condo. Fortunately we have a balcony so I don't have to risk anything other than Windex in my eyes.

Hi ho, hi ho.......

No comments:

Post a Comment