Sunday, February 2, 2014

Excalibur On Four Wheels....Found!

I turned the corner where Toronto's Queen Street West meets Shaw Street, and there she was!

Excalibur!

The Rhino Mobile!!

The oft dreamed about but never found UWM (ultimate windsurfing mobile)!!!

Today's image depicts the end of my search for the ultimate windsurfing mobile, for she has been found.

This Land Rover, with one small exception, meets all the criteria that I have imagined. It has a unique look, at least on the roads well west of the Serengeti. I could sleep in it if I chose. It could amply accommodate all my windsurfing gear. It's not going to get stuck. And....it has kick-ass good looks and a touch of natty Marlin Perkins to boot! If I owned her I'd put a small rhino on the hood as an ornament, then I'd be done.

What about the one small exception, Ian?

Ah, yes.....gas mileage. This most awesomos rhinoceros probably gets five miles per gallon going downhill. My moral compass tells me that Kyoto says 'no-to' vehicles like this. I can't let my wild desires steer me astray. I must, for now, stay Focused. <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment