Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stormy Gams Uniform Co.?

My scalp should be bleeding for all the head scratching that I've been doing lately. There are so many businesses in this town that leave me perplexed, but I think Thunder Thighs Costumes Ltd. take the cake. I love the name, but I have no idea what they do behind those large and lovely wooden doors.

Do they:

- make costumes for people with thunderously big legs (a niche market, no doubt)?

- make spandex yoga pants for plus size persons (take that(!), Lulu and the perfectly bummed Lemons)

- are they the official supplier of costumes for patrons of the Oromocto Mall?

All of my guesses are weak. Do you have any idea what they do at this business?

I just did a Google search and found that this business does not have a web site. That's absurd. It'd be like someone living in Toronto without a cellphone...unthinkable. Anyway, I did find some information. It turns out that Thunder Thighs Costumes Ltd. rents vintage and period piece costumes for whatever need you have. They have over 7 million items behind the doors. Wowser! I also discovered that the name of the business comes from a nickname the store owner once had. Ouch, but perhaps that explains the double doors.

4 comments:

  1. What are you saying about patrons of the Oromocto Mall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For years I playfully dissed Minto in my other blog, and I got away with it. Not so with the Oromocto Mall, I guess. . I guess I'll just have to make fun of the Toronto Maple Leafs...everyone is on-board for that!

      Delete
    2. Yeah...no. Nice try, though. Thanks for the laughs.

      Delete
  2. One of our favourites - from our time in T.O. - was the "Wing On Funeral Home".

    ReplyDelete